- Biological Treatment Vapor - Biofilter Technology
- Biofilter technology that is sustainable and highly effective
- Advanced biofilter technology for managing a range of industrial and municipal applications:
- Biofilter technology solutions tailored to your requirements and your facility
- Envirogen Experience
- Further Reading on Biological Treatment Vapor
Biological Treatment Vapor - Biofilter Technology
Envirogen’s biofilter technology systems safely destroy volatile organic compounds (VOCs), hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) and odor-causing chemicals. These systems provide an attractive alternative to standard thermal, chemical and adsorptive processes to treat air pollutants safely, reliably and cost effectively, with low capital and operating costs.
Our state-of-the-art portfolio includes biofilters, biotrickling filters and combinations of the two technologies – in both standardized and custom designs. Envirogen can provide solutions for a broad range of contaminants and flow rates from 120 to over 100,000 cfm. Envirogen biofilters are the result of more than three decades of experience in managing industrial and municipal emissions, featuring advanced engineering concepts that can be tailored to provide a low lifecycle cost solution in your facility.
Biofilter technology that is sustainable and highly effective
Biofilters use naturally occurring microorganisms to treat air containing hydrogen sulfide (H2S) compounds, VOCs and other odorous substances. Foul air is collected and sent to the biofilter where microorganisms metabolize the target contaminants to clean the air stream.
Biofilter technology is ideally suited for contaminants that are low molecular weight, polar and readily biodegradable. They are particularly effective for low loading applications at high flow volumes. You can achieve removal ratios in excess of 95% for water soluble compounds and 90% for BTEX and similar compounds. Furthermore, biofilters are extremely effective in treating odors caused by H2S and other reduced sulfur compounds. Greater than 99+% H2S removal and 90+% odor removal are common.
Envirogen biological vapor phase treatment systems offer the following features:
- Cost effective – very low operating costs.
- Reliable – over 130 biofilter technology systems installed in over 90 locations.
- Simple operation – minimal maintenance.
- High removal efficiencies – useful for broad range of contaminants and can be combined with other treatment technologies to reduce costs and improve performance.
- Broad range of configurations – adaptable for different influent air and loading rates
As stand-alone systems or in combination with other emissions control technologies, Envirogen biofilters offer an inherently sustainable solution with ease of operation and very low operating costs.
Advanced biofilter technology for managing a range of industrial and municipal applications:
Biofilter technology solutions tailored to your requirements and your facility
Modular Biofilters (HIPB Series)
Biotrickling Filters (BT Series)
Integrated Biotrickling and Biofilter Systems (BTBF Series)
Built-in-Place Biofilters (BIP Series)